Monday, February 4, 2013

Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes


Yummy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes  {the Prairie Cottage}
As always, I started with a container of precooked ground beef from the freezer, thus eliminating step 1. 
I also added slightly more than 1/4 cup steak sauce, to help it hold together a little better. 
I usually use red sweet peppers instead of green. 
And I didn’t have any mushrooms this time.
But other than that, I followed the recipe exactly!  Ha!
So… they are probably not of the true Philly Cheesesteak tradition, but they tasted delicious :)
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLOPPY JOES
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/4-1/2  cup steak sauce
1 cup beef stock
1 green pepper, chopped or julienned
1 package sliced mushrooms
1/2-1 teaspoon salt - to taste
1/4/ teaspoon pepper

Provolone cheese slices 
Hamburger Buns

1.  Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  

2.  Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms,  Cook and stir for another 3-4 minutes.  The vegetables will start to get tender.
3.  Stir in the steak sauce, beef stock, salt and pepper.  Bring to a simmer and cook about 2 minutes more.  Add additional steak sauce if it seems too “soupy.”

4.  Scoop hot sloppy Joe mixture onto hamburger buns and top with a slice of provolone cheese.

Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe Recipe {the Prairie Cottage}
Enjoy!
signature2

1 comment:

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Being from Phila-ish and all... this caught my eye.

The fact that I love sloppy joe's is another plus.

These sound great!!!

***
You're like me. Ha! I did this and this but didn't have that... other than that I followed the recipe. Yeah that is so me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...