Monday, August 23, 2010

Dorothy Lynch Dressing

If you live in a state where Dorothy Lynch dressing is “not available in stores.”
I.am.so.sorry. 
bottle3
We are lucky enough to live next to the state it originated in.  Nebraska.  And thus, it’s in every single grocery store here. 
But there’s one tiny problem. 
It’s kind of expensive.  And it never goes on sale.  NEV-ER. 
We’ve been using this make-it-yourself-alternative for many years.  It tastes so, so close to the real thing. 
And I’m thinking you probably already have the ingredients right there at home.  If you’d like to try it :) 

Dorothy Lynch Salad Dressing

Photo
    • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
    • 1/4-1/2 cup sugar (OK to use Splenda instead)
    • 1 can store brand condensed tomato soup
    • 1/4 cup cider vinegar
    • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoon celery seeds (or poppy seeds if you don’t have these)
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all ingredients in a blender until creamy.  Pour into a jar or container and refrigerate until ready to use. 
PS -  It also makes a fabulous glaze for ham and pork chops!  f
Posted to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday (Links in sidebar)

3 comments:

Country Gal said...

You just made my day! We have some Dorothy Lynch fanatics here - and you're right - it NEVER goes on sale! I'm printing this recipe right now!

April J Harris said...

Your dressing sounds delicious - we don't get Dorothy Lynch dressing in England so I'll give your recipe a try. It reminds me of one my Mom used to make when I was a kid in Canada. I'll have to find her recipe again - it's not exactly the same or anything, but I do remember hers had tomato soup and some other similar ingredients. Thanks for sharing your delicious sounding recipe!

Ginger said...

I've never heard of this brand, but your recipe is very similar to the dressing that folks put on marinated carrots ("copper pennies"). Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...