Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Season to Prepare

October 144
Pictured above are hand crocheted Christmas stockings from my Etsy shop.  Of course, the baby Jesus stocking is my favorite.  I made stockings like these for each of my babies on their first Christmas.  They have lasted for 25 years and counting and always bring me lots of compliments. 
Every year at this time I am busy, busy, busy preparing for the hectic Christmas season. So busy I barely have time to prepare for our own Christmas. This is the time of year when I am making, listing and packaging day and night.  Sleep? Not much, thank you.  I have creations that need to be in someone's stocking or under their Christmas tree this year.
This week, in addition to the stockings, I’ve been making more scarves and neck warmers for Prairiecottagerose.  Cold weather is already well established at the prairie cottage and will soon be make its way to where you are:
parasolcraft 100
In an effort to use up all of my yarn before buying more, I’ve also been making reusable coffee sleeves.  An easy way to go green or slip one on a cup and include a little gift card for a fast and easy gift for neighbors and teachers:  
coffee sleeves
Look at the latest adorable baby shoes I made for puddintoes
babyshoes
Of late, there has been a movement to support handmade and the little people like me. When selecting your holiday gifts this season remember all of us who prepared and worked the whole  year long to bring our creations to you. We don't crank these out in huge factories with the latest machines and technology.  They come from our hearts and our genuine love of creating.  Always with a smile, knowing someone is truly going to appreciate receiving our handmade gift this year.
The process of designing a new creation and making it with my own 2 hands is such a joy to me.  It is difficult to even put it into words. A big thank you to all of you that support handmade artists and crafters this Christmas season.
Please visit the Weekend Boutique at Pretty Organized Palace for more handmade gift ideas!

2 comments:

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

What a beautiful post! It is so true! I LOVE all your creations, honey.. and your heart of gold, of course :) xox

paula said...

My grandmother made these stockings for the whole family the year she passed away I made them for the two newest additions. I am soon to be a grandmother and I can't find the pattern. It's nice to see that if I can't figure it out I have another option.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...